Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My intention to attend ...

Hello followers! Day 16 :) I am loving this challenge and the wonderful changes I am feeling in my body and mind. 


Yesterday and today I had some difficulty arriving to the practices I had intended to attend. I have a couple days off in between sets of night shifts and am determined to "switch back" my schedule as to be a part of the non-nocturnal society. However, this transition helped me to sleep through one alarm yesterday and forget to re-set one today. Frustration and anxiety developed, as my plan had been shifted. With small changes made, I found classes to attend both days. 


Looking back, somehow, I think I was meant to attend these two classes despite pre-planning otherwise. Yesterday's Hot Flow Yoga, led by the wonderful Meaghan, was challenging and sweaty, but I felt the strongest I have all week. Such an energizing feeling of liberation and seeking new boundaries and depths within my postures. I left yesterday's classes feeling strong and at peace with what I had accomplished on my mat. 


Today, my intent was to attend a hot flow practice and push my body to its limits once again. However, I was forced to change my schedule, as I slept past both hot flow practices which worked with my day today. So, instead, I attended a Hatha Morning Flow class led by Emily. Although I have attend many Hatha classes at Yoga Life, I have never met Emily. What an amazing class this was! As we breathed, and moved, she challenged us to tolerate even more in each posture, to accept the discomfort, and perhaps push a littler further. I left this class feeling released and relaxed. 


I love that how through this 30-day challenge, I am finding more time in my life. I planned to attend certain classes, then slept through those. Despite having full days planned over both days, I created time and space for these practices which were so beautiful. I am grateful for that. 


Yesterday's class inspired my physical body and today's class inspired my emotional and intellectual body. Perhaps my subconscious knows something I do not ...


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment