Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Enough.

Hello Followers!


It has been a lovely week filled with four very different yoga practices. I began with Hatha, then Hot Flow, Warm Flow, and finished my Friday with a YinYang practice. They were all beautiful and challenging in their own way. 


Wednesday morning's Hot Flow was difficult to get out of bed for. Not because I was not excited to go, but the fact that our bed was so warm and leaving the house for the sole purpose of 6am yoga was difficult. However, I did it! Of course, once I was there, I was full of gratitude for the ability of my choice to attend the class and the ability of my body to work through the postures. Great way to start a Wednesday!


Yesterday was an emotionally tough day at work, and I was very much looking forward to the YingYang practice. In this class, you begin in restorative poses, using supports such as bolsters, and holding them for minutes. Very relaxing and opening. Lovely. As the practice goes on, we start to move through flows and other postures. Near the end of the practice, as we rested in savasana, the beautiful instructor mentioned this word - enough. "What you have done today. It is enough. No could haves would haves or should haves. You have done enough". After the difficult day at work, these words had more meaning than the 75 minutes that had just passed in the studio. 


Knowing that at the end of the day, if we can say we gave it our all, we have done enough. We should be at peace with this. Thank you to this wonderful instructor for reminding me of this simple ideal. 


As you go through your weekend, whether you are working or playing, remember - what you have done is enough. 


Namaste
The light in me sees the light in you

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your rough day at work, but yes, enough. I love that.
    There is a yoga studio that I sometimes go to here in St. Albert and the instructor speaks to the class at the end when we are in savasana - sometimes she sings. I'm really not sure which I prefer. Her words are profound, but her voice chanting while we are resting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete