Yesterday was Edmonton's first snowfall of the year! It was a gorgeous morning. Keith & I started our day with a body-pumping workout to warm us up!
This workout is 12 minutes long - 50 second "work" intervals with 10 second "rest" intervals. Pushing your maximum for the entire 50 second interval and throughout the workout! It is quick, but challenging :)
Snow Day Workout
50 seconds work/10 seconds rest x 6 exercises x 2 sets
1) Weighted Squats
- holding dumbbells or barbell keep core engaged to bend knees and hips into a squat. Assure to keep knees over the ankles. Lower to 90 degree bend at knees, then return to standing. Repeat.
2) Arnie Press on BOSU
- Holding one dumbbell in each hand, elbows bent. Lift arms to elbows meeting in front of your face and dumbbells touching. 'Open' arms, keeping 90 degree bend at elbows. Press dumbbells to meet above head. Lower in reverse order. Repeat. Stand on BOSU or other stability device.
3) Push-Up - Squat - Press-Up
- Start in push-up position with one dumbbell in each hand. Perform one push-up. Jump feet up to hands. Up to standing position. Perform one shoulder press (press dumbbells above head by straightening shoulders and elbows). Return arms to sides. Return to the floor by squatting, placing hands, with dumbbells, on the floor and jump feet back. Repeat.
4) Triceps Dips
- Using edge of couch, chair, or tables place heel of hand on surface and extend legs out. Bend elbows to lower bum toward floor. Straighten elbows to return. Repeat.
5) Weighted Sit-Ups
- Start on floor with knees bent to 90 degrees. Hold one dumbbell with both hands above head. Using core, perform full sit up. Return slowly to floor. Repeat.
- Perform as many burpies as possible in the 50 second interval!