Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Fight that Bug

As much as I really do not want to admit it, Winter is here and so are the nasty colds and other "bugs" that come along with it... Being *almost* a nurse, I am a strong believer in natural remedies when possible! I want to share my cold/flu solution with you, so that you are able to fight your bug faster, and maybe even prevent it in the first place!! My husband started having a sore throat, I got him to follow this (strictly!) and within three days it was gone and never showed any other cold symptoms! I did the same "routine" while he was fighting his bug and I did not get as much as a runny nose :) IT WORKS!!

Ok, here goes - when you start to feel something coming on:
- Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Echinacae twice a day! (the amount of pills per dose will depend on the dosage you buy, so check the bottle)
- Oil of Oregano 5 drops 3-5 times per day (with a full glass of water). You can find this at most organic food and natural food stores (Planet Organic). Please follow the instructions on the bottle for this one, as each brand makes different concentrations. I like Joy of the Mountains
- Lots and lots of fluids! Water is very important to make sure your system is working. Herbal teas are also great, green tea in particular! This does not replace your water intake, but is supplemental :)

If you are trying to prevent (family member is sick, you are run down, stressed or tired, etc)
- Take Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Echinacae at least once per day, maybe twice. Again, follow your bottle
- SLEEP!!!

I hope this helps those that are already fighting something, and helps those who don't to prevent anything! Remember also that sweating helps clear the body of toxins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment